Beef Taco Casserole
This hearty beef taco casserole is the perfect comfort meal that the whole family will love. It’s packed full of protein and fiber, which will help you feel fuller, longer (WIN!). This flavorful dish goes a long way, so it makes for a great meal prep also! I’m super excited with the way this one turned out & it’s honestly too simple & easy not to share. Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package lean ground beef (93% lean)
- 1-15 oz. can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz. can corn, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 C brown rice, uncooked
- 1 C skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 packet Mrs. Dash Salt Free Taco Seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic cloves, minced
- Garnishes: chopped cilantro, diced green onion
- Use a rice cooker to cook your brown rice. Once cooked, set aside.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add garlic & some cooking spray. Once browned, add beef (I didn’t find that adding cooking oil was necessary, even for 93% lean beef).
- Once fully cooked, season with Mrs. Dash Salt Free Taco seasoning & follow cooking directions on packet.
- Combine all other ingredients, including the cooked rice to your skillet. Mix well.
- Pour entire skillet into an 8×11 cooking dish & spread mixture evenly.
- Top with mozzarella cheese & bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted.
- Garnish with cilantro & green onion & enjoy!
For more macro friendly recipes, click here!
Macros: 350 cal | 11g fat | 34g carbs | 29g protein | 2g sugar | 5g fiber | 205mg sodium