Chipotle Chicken Salad
Salads are one of my favorite go-to’s in the summertime. Something about all the textures, crunch & endless possibilities make salads a convenient, simply meal to whip up. This is on my favorites though – this Chipotle Chicken salad isn’t as good as Chipotle (who can beat Chipotle?!) but it gets pretty dang close! The brown rice, avocado, corn and black beans add some fiber to this zesty salad as well as lots of flavor and texture. Mix things up a bit by subbing the chicken for thinly sliced steak or grilled shrimp!
- 8 oz. chicken breast
- 4 C spinach
- 1 C brown rice, cooked
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/2 C cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 can corn, no salt added
- 1/2 can black beans, no salt added
- 2 TBSP. Mrs. Dash taco seasoning
- Optional garnishes: chopped cilantro, juice of 1/2 lime, plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- In a ziplock bag, combine taco seasoning, lime juice and chicken breasts. Marinate for at least 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- In the meantime, make the salad by mixing together the remainder of the ingredients.
- Preheat grill on medium-low heat. Cook chicken breast for 15-20 minutes, or until internal temperature has reached 165 degrees.
- Thinly slice chicken and place on top of salad. Garnish with chopped cilantro, lime juice & a dollop of Greek yogurt.
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 25 minutes
Macros per serving (does not include garnishes): 470 cal | 12g fat | 55g carbs | 36g protein