Crockpot Chimichurri Tacos
These crockpot chimichurri tacos with carne asada are on the menu this week! Using a crockpot is a great way to cook your protein in bulk or for your meal prep. For me, protein is the hardest macronutrient for me to get enough of every day, so having extra on hand makes it super easy to grab and go! This recipe uses a simple chimchurri sauce, fresh squeezed lime juice and sliced onions to garnish this perfectly prepared carne asada!
- 1 lb. carne asada
- 1.5 TBSP. minced garlic
- 1 TBSP. chili powder
- 1 TBSP. onion powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1-2 tsp paprika
- Olive oil
- Green onion, thinly sliced
- White or yellow corn tortillas
- 1/2 C olive oil (avocado oil is tasty too!)
- 1 handful of parsley, steams removed
- 1 handful of cilantro, stems removed
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- Salt & pepper
- Lime juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together spices. Rub half of the mixture on one side of the meat, flip over and rub the rest of the spice mixture on the other side.
- Brush 1-2 TBSP of olive oil on the bottom of the crockpot and place carne asada on top. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
- Once fully cooked, remove the meat from the crockpot and let rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, thinly slice the carne asada.
- Serve with white or corn tortillas, a drizzle of chimichurri sauce and green onion.
Macros per serving (3 corn tortillas, with 3 oz of meat and 1 TBSP of sauce): 410 cal | 22g fat | 33g carbs (3g sugar) | 20g protein