Do’s and Don’ts for Exercise During Pregnancy
If you’re newly pregnant, you may be asking yourself a lot of questions around exercise during pregnancy…
Is strength training during pregnancy safe?
What kind of workouts should I be doing?
What about cardio?
How do I workout around my big baby bump?
Am I doing this exercise correctly?
Where do I even start?
Well, I just so happened to create a 150+ page guide that lays out the most comprehensive fitness program that is equally safe and effective during pregnancy, which you can check out here.
In the meantime, here are some general guidelines for do’s and don’ts for exercise during pregnancy.
Pregnancy Training Do’s:
– always get clearance from your doctor or OB prior to starting an exercise or strength training program
– incorporate strength training 2-4x/week
– focus on and prioritize pelvic floor exercises and deep diaphragmatic breathing and proper alignment
– include deep core training
– listen to your body and rest when needed
Pregnancy Training Don’ts:
– train to failure or try to PR; this is not the time to be training at max effort
– perform any exercise where you see or feel any coning/bulging of the abdomen
– push past your level of comfortability or pain
– perform HIIT exercises (high intensity interval training)
Get your hands on the most comprehensive prenatal & pregnancy program yet – check it out!