Easy Shrimp Ceviche
If you’re not a big shrimp or seafood person, I’m still quote confident you will LOVE this easy shrimp ceviche recipe. It’s seriously so simple and fool-proof to make, not to mention how perfect this goes with a side of crunchy tortilla chips. I kept this dish pretty simple (because I’m all about easy & quick recipes, but you could get a bit more creative by adding some diced jalapeño for a spicy punch, or add chopped cucumbers for an extra crunch – you really can’t go wrong!
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1 small roma tomato, cubed
- 1/4 C cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 C red onion, chopped
- Lime juice, to taste
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Salt + pepper, to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil.
- Add shrimp to boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until shrimp turn pink.
- Transfer cooked shrimp to a bowl of ice water and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix together remaining ingredients. Chop shrimp and add to bowl. Stir together.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips, or get fancy and make your own!
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 5 minutes
Macros per serving (chips not included): 112 calories | 4g fat | 4g carbs | 15g protein
* Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 day.
*I personally prefer the jumbo shrimp for this recipe; they taste less fishy!