Homemade Tortilla Chips
Have you ever looked at the serving size on a bag of tortilla chips? You get like – 9 or 10 chips per serving for more calories, higher fat content and a lot more sodium compared to these homemade tortilla chips. I LOVE me some chips & guac – it’s a guilt pleasure of mine but I want more bang for my buck, so I made my own. Cue homemade tortilla chips!
- 5 corn tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- Pinch of salt
- Homemade guacamole (ripe avocado & garlic salt is how I make mine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stack tortillas and cut into 4 triangles using a pizza cutter
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Lightly spray chips with olive oil spray and season with salt.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guac or salsa, or serve up some macro friendly nachos!
Servings: 2 (or 10 chips)
Macros per serving (not including guac): 1.5g fat | 22 carbs | 2g protein | 10mg sodium
*NOTE:* You can use any type of tortilla you’d like. I’ve found that using a regular (white flour) tortilla come out a little chewier. The thinner the tortilla, the crispier the chips come out. Corn tortillas work really well! You could also substitute for whole wheat tortillas to increase your fiber intake.