Homemade Tortilla Chips
Have you ever looked at the serving size on a bag of tortilla chips? You get like – 9 or 10 chips per serving for more calories, higher fat content and a lot more sodium compared to these homemade tortilla chips. I LOVE me some chips & guac – it’s a guilt pleasure of mine but I want more bang for my buck, so I made my own. Cue homemade tortilla chips!
- 5 corn tortillas
- Olive oil spray
- Pinch of salt
- Homemade guacamole (ripe avocado & garlic salt is how I make mine)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Stack tortillas and cut into 4 triangles using a pizza cutter
- Spread evenly on a baking sheet. Lightly spray chips with olive oil spray and season with salt.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve with fresh guac or salsa, or serve up some macro friendly nachos!
Cooking tip: you can use any type of tortilla you’d like. I’ve found that using a regular (white flour) tortilla come out a little chewier. The thinner the tortilla, the crispier the chips come out. Corn tortillas work really well! You could also substitute for whole wheat tortillas to increase your fiber intake.
Servings: 2 (or 10 chips)
Macros (not including guac): 1.5g fat | 22 carbs | 2g protein | 10mg sodium