Macro Friendly NACHOS
Protein packed, healthier, macro-friendly nachos – no such thing right?! WRONG. There are so many healthier substitutions you can make to take meals like this into a healthier, just-as-satisfying meal. This is the perfect appetizer for a last minute get-together with friends or for when you’re just craving something crunchy that will satisfy all your taste buds!
What I love about nachos is you can add as much or as little toppings as you want. Be careful though, calories from toppings like guacamole, cheese and sour cream add up really fast, so just be mindful. Instead of plopping a hefty spoonful on top, try using the “dip method” where you dip each chip into the guac or sour cream – you’d be surprised how much less you’d eat!
- 1 serving of Homemade Chips
- 3 oz. 93% ground turkey
- 28g Mexican cheese, shredded
- 2 TBSP. salsa (this brand is my favorite)
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green onion, chopped
- Spread chips evenly on a plate or bowl (I suggest a bowl so you can scrape all the toppings against the side with your chips hehe!)
- Add cheese & microwave for 5-10 seconds to melt the cheese. *Be careful not to microwave too long or your chips will become rubbery*
- Add ground turkey and salsa. Garnish with chopped cilantro & green onion.
Macros: 390 cal | 18g fat | 27g carbs | 30g protein