Roasted Parmesan Acorn Squash
I absolutely LOVE squash because it’s so simple and delicious – it really doesn’t get easier than this! You’ll be surprised to see your family go back for seconds and it really doesn’t require much effort. This roasted parmesan acorn squash is one of my favorite ways to cook any type of squash; you could totally follow this same recipe and substitute acorn squash for zucchini, yellow squash or even butternut squash!
If you love this fall-inspired side dish, you will love my recipe for the best crunchy, flavor-packed pumpkin seeds, which you can find here!
- 1 medium-sized acorn squash
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 C shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, length wise, then cut into 1-inch slices. Make sure to scoop out the seeds and insides.
- In a small bowl, mix together parmesan cheese, garlic powder and pepper.
- On a lightly sprayed baking sheet, lay the squash evenly throughout the baking sheet. Spray the squash with olive oil spray.
- Evenly sprinkle garlic-parmesan mixture over acorn slices. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and tender.
Macros: 100 cal | 3.5g fat | 12g carbs (2g fiber, 0.5g sugar) | 5g protein