Skinny French Toast
I am a HUGE breakfast person and always have been. It’s rare that I indulge in a typical fat-filled, sugar-filled, grease-filled (you name it) breakfast, so I love that this recipe gives me the flavor, texture and overall deliciousness of your typical French Toast without the added calories! Here’s what I do to make the best, flavor-filled Skinny French Toast.
- 8 slices Sara Lee Texas Toast bread
- 1 C egg whites
- 1/2 TBSP. cinnamon
- 1 packet Stevia
- Cooking spray
- Optional toppings: berries, nuts, sugar free syrup
1. In a square Tupperware bowl, stir egg whites, stevia and cinnamon together until well mixed.
2. In a large skillet, spray with cooking spray and heat over medium-low heat.
3. Lay 1 slice of bread in egg white mixture and flip to evenly coat both sides. Lay the bread on the skillet and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
4. Serve warm and to with mixed nuts, berries and sugar free syrup. Get creative with your toppings!
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 10 minutes
Macros per serving (2 slices; does not include toppings): Cals: 266 | 2g fat | 46g carbs | 16g protein