Sun Dried Tomato & Feta Egg CupsProtein and flavor filled egg cups – or if you’re boujie and have tried these at Starbucks, they’re also referred to as egg bites). Whether you’re making these sun dried tomato and feta egg cups for the first time, or if you’re here to try a new spin on these – I promise these will not disappoint. They’re the perfect combo of all things savory, soft & mouth-watering. These are great to meal prep ahead of time for a busy work week and reheat well in the microwave (start with 10 second intervals to make sure you don’t overcook the egg cups). To make this a complete balanced meal, add a complex carb like a whole wheat english muffin or whole wheat toast. Ingredients:
- 5 eggs
- 1 C egg whites
- 1/2 C jalapeño pepper feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 C spinach, chopped
- 1/4 C orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 C smoked sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- Cooking spray
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and egg whites together. Add remaining ingredients and mix together.
- Generously spray muffin tin with cooking spray, making sure to coat the edges.
- Fill each cup about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 13-15 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Slide a small spatula or butter knife around the edges of each egg cup to loosen sides.
- Serve warm or save for meal prep. *Store refrigerated for 4-5 days.*
Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes Servings: 4 Macros per serving: 173 cal | 9g fat | 5g carbs | 18g protein