Raise your hand if you’re #overit when it comes to eating plain, boring chicken breast. *raises both hands very high in the air* Chicken breast is often really dry and lacks flavor. BUT – this tangy honey chicken & green beans dish is somethin’ different. The honey lemon sauce MAKES this dish and if you don’t know me by now, I’m all for quick & easy recipes that my whole family will love. It’s a win-win with this one! Feel free to sub for chicken thighs for even more flavor & a higher fat option!
- 1.5 lbs. chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 12 oz. green beans, ends trimmed
- 3/4 C low sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 C honey or agave
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 TBSP. low sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 2 TBSP. corn starch
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 2 TBSP. rice vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnishes: toasted sesame seeds, green onions
- In a large zip-lock bag, combine the chicken, chicken broth, soy sauce or liquid aminos and rice vinegar. Toss until the chicken is evenly coated. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk the honey, garlic, ginger, corn starch, and juice of 1 lemon together until combined. Set aside.
- Heat 1 TBSP. of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green beans and season with a pinch of salt. Stir and cook until the green beans are bright green, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate and set aside.
- Add another TBSP. of olive oil to a skillet over medium-high heat. Place the chicken from the bag into the skillet and sauté for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through. Dispose of any remaining marinade.
- Using a slotted spoon, add the chicken to the plate with the green beans.
- Pour the whisked honey-lemon sauce into the empty sauce pan. Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce reaches a low boil and thickens. Taste and adjust seasonings to your preference.
- Add the chicken and green beans back into the pan and toss until evenly coated with the sauce.
- Remove from heat and serve. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds or green onion.
Prep time: 35 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes
Macros per serving: 202 cal | 2g fat | 18g carbs | 28g protein