Spicy Deviled Eggs
Deviled eggs are absolutely a MUST at Easter, am I right?! Traditional deviled eggs are loaded with mayonnaise, making it a really high calorie snack – not to mention how easy they are to munch endlessly on. I’ve taken the basics of the recipe and made the best deviled eggs ever! This macro-friendly twist includes a touch of crispy bacon bits and green onion. You are definitely going to want to try these and dare I say, be selfish and maybe just keep them all to yourself!
- 6 Eggs
- 2.5 TBSP. non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1.5 TBSP. mayonnaise
- Mustard, to taste
- Salt, pepper and garlic powder, to taste
- Garnishes: paprika, crumbled bacon bits and green onions
Bring a pot of water to a boil. Carefully add eggs to boiling water.
- Boil eggs for about 10 minutes. (you can also make your life a lot easier and buy an egg cooker; it’s like a crockpot for eggs – #setitandforgetit)
- Remove eggs from boiling water and quickly run the eggs under cool water. Tip: you can also add eggs to a bowl of ice water for faster, easier peeling* Allow eggs to cool before peeling.
- Once eggs have cooled, slice each egg in half and scoop out the yolks and set aside the whites.
- In a small bow, add yolks, Greek yogurt, mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Mix together until well combined.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the egg whites.
- Top with paprika, crumbled bacon and sliced green onions.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 5 minutes
Servings: 12 halves
Macros per serving (2 halves): 104 cal | 8g fat | 1g carbs | 7g protein