The Best Spicy Edamame
Edamame is a perfect on-the-go snack, in my humble opinion! 🙂 It’s a great source of protein and fiber, both of which help keep you full throughout the day! So if you’re finding yourself constantly snacking and #foreverhungry, try adding a high-protein snack, like this edamame recipe, to the mix! Edamame is also great when sprinkled with some salt, but one of my favorite ways to prepare it is by adding these mouth-watering spices and seasonings to make spicy edamame! YUM!
BONUS: edamame is a complete protein, which means it contains an adequate amount of each of the nine essential amino acids necessary in our diet. Other examples of complete proteins include meat, poultry, fish and eggs.
- 1-12 oz. bag of frozen unshelled edamame
- 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. chili garlic paste
- 1 tsp. liquid aminos
- 1 tsp. garlic paste
- 1 tsp. water
- Defrost frozen edamame in microwave according to package instructions. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil, garlic sauce, liquid aminos, garlic paste and water on low heat and stir together for 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium size bowl, pour mixture over top of edamame until evenly coated. Serve warm.
Macros per serving: 143 cal | 7g fat | 8g carbs | 12g protein