Watermelon & Feta Salad
Sometimes you throw things together and they don’t work out…other times, you throw random ingredients together and you’re like – “I hit the jackpot – GO ME.” Well, this is one of those jackpot side dishes that I highly encourage you to drop what you’re doing and try right now! Juicy diced watermelon, a sprinkle of feta and a light garnish of freshly chopped mint…This may seem like the most random combo ever BUT this watermelon & feta salad is so refreshing, healthy & light. This would also taste amazing with chopped red onion, coupled with a very simple vinaigrette (just olive oil + red wine vinegar) or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. It’s the perfect summer side to go along grilled chicken, any cut of steak, or even a hamburger—beef, chicken, or veggie!
I love the saltiness and crumbliness of feta, but if you’re not a fan, fresh mozzarella balls or goat cheese would work, too!
- 6 cups of watermelon, cubed
- 2 oz. reduced-fat feta cheese
- Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Optional garnishes: chopped red onion, balsamic vinegar
- Chop watermelon into bite size cubes & garnish with feta cheese and chopped basil.
- Serve & enjoy immediately!
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Macros per serving (does not include optional garnishes): 91 cal | 3g fat | 13g carbs | 3g protein